Thursday, April 23, 2009

Copehnagen City of Cyclists

I can see my little bitty town of Redlands becoming cycling friendly. There's no reason for it not to. Year round riding. No snow, not much rain (fenders/mudguards!). Yeah, it's hot in the summer, but it's cool during the morning commute time, and you can take a shower after your ride home.

Most of the town is flat, although there are a lot of homes in the hills. The 75% of the town in the flats has no excuse!


Copenhagen - City of Cyclists from Colville Andersen on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

I rode all over Denmark in 1999 and was blown away by how biker friendly that culture is. Copenhagen is beyond cycling friendly. I would move there in a heartbeat. I wish cities here were molded after it.

cyclotourist said...

M.E., I've never been, but I think just about ANY city/community/country could be turned bike friendly. The Danes don't have anything special, other than the foresight to plan and build this way. I think SoCal is soooo missing the boat on this... with our climate we could have year round cycling so easy. It's a shame...